Join Kidical Mass for an easy-going group bike ride for families and kids of all ages! We will tour Wicker Park/Bucktown, following a route designed for the comfort and safety of young riders.
Don’t forget your swimsuit!
Sunday is Farmer's Market, so pick up some fruits and veggies before or after the ride! Because of heavy pedestrian traffic, we will gather southeast of the playground, by the basketball courts at 9:30 AM for a 10:00 AM departure.
Each ride will end at a fun destination in the community. Check out the themes below for more information.
- Please ride safely; children should wear helmets.
- Rides are typically 3-4 miles at a 5-6 mph pace, roughly 1 hour with stops.
- Rides are suitable for children who have progressed beyond training wheels.
- Younger children are welcome on trail-a-bikes, child trailers and child seats on their parent's bike.
- Festive dress and decorations encouraged.
- It is expected that all kids bring a parent or guardian with a bike.
For more information please visit www.chicagofamilybiking.org.
2019 RIDE SCHEDULE
6/16/19 Father's Day Ride
7/21/19 Bike to Pulaski Park Pool (Bring a swim suit!)
8/18/19 Tour de Humboldt Park (Bring $$ for Italian Ice)
9/15/19 North through Bucktown to Holstein Park (Bring a swim suit!)
10/20/19 Spooky Halloween Ride to *new* Walsh Park (Costumes!)